Thursday 1 December 2011

'HOW TO...' STUDIO TASK OUGD405



STUDIO TASK: We had to use a timeline and different symbols stood for different things, this is a timeline from my start in education to degree level:

Key: The diamonds stand for every time I changed educational institute, the circles represent when I made the decision to go down an art and design pathway, the squares for every time I was artistically inspired and triangles for when I had contact with LCA.
This is a timeline of my five chosen facts from the research I did on Indian cuisine, putting them in hierarchy of importance and significance to what I find to be most relevant, each symbol stands for a different fact:
-Indian Curry restaurants serve approximately 2.5 million customers every week
-  in London there is a greater number of Indian Restaurants than there are in Bombay and Delhi combined
-Indian food is without doubt the UK’s favourite cuisine. According to a recent survey, retail sales accounted for 42% of total sales of ethnic foods and was valued at £250 million
-Two thirds of all meals out in the UK are Indian Food and this is worth 3.2 billion pounds a year.

For my initial 'how to' brief I got 'How to make a curry' so I did some starting research on recipes for various different curries and looked at a variety of facts about Indian cuisine.  After we got put into groups we had to choose from one of the following topics and come up with a final solution:
-How to make a curry
-How to make a cup of tea
-How to chop an onion without crying

These are my facts about Indian cuisine:

No comments:

Post a Comment