Wednesday 11 April 2012

OUGD406//STAMP IT! // DESIGN PROGRESS

This is the development of the design for the stamps, I found it quite hard to work on something that was going to be scaled down to such a small size, issues like if font will be legible, how detailed images can be etc.

My initial designs:
I didn't like the concept behind these designs, I didn't have a specific direction and I thought visually they were really weak, I wanted to try and experiment with colour etc. but I don't know enough about it.
I started looking at some interesting facts about recycling and energy conservation that tied in nicely, I thought the facts Id researched were surprising enough for people to take on board the message:
My four chosen facts were:
+1 RECYCLED TIN CAN WOULD SAVE ENOUGH ENERGY TO POWER A TELEVISION FOR THREE HOURS
+1 RECYCLED PLASTIC BOTTLE WOULD SAVE ENOUGH ENERGY TO POWER A 60-WATT LIGHT BULB FOR THREE HOURS
+1 RECYCLED GLASS BOTTLE WOULD SAVE ENOUGH ENERGY TO POWER A COMPUTER FOR TWENTY FIVE MINUTES
+UP TO 60% OF THE RUBBISH THAT ENDS UP IN THE DUSTBIN COULD BE RECYCLED


These facts helped me form the design for my final stamps, basic drawings accompanied with a fact/statistics:

 BASIC DESIGNS:

 Trying the design with the stamp template, and experimenting with colour for the background, I prefer the cream colour for the background as its not so distracting, however, I prefer the landscape format as I think it makes better use of the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment