Friday 15 February 2013

COLLABORATIVE BRIEF//CREATIVE PARTNER QUESTIONS//OUGD503

CREATIVE PARTNERS QUESTIONS 
Why have you chosen to work with your creative partner? What are your aims? 
I decided to work with Sophia because I feel our skills will compliment each other when approaching our chosen brief.  We have similar interest generally and I feel this is important when trying to visually create something we both feel successfully communicates the message effectively and serves its appropriate purpose.  In terms of direction and design style I feel their are similar aspects within our work that will work well when combined. 


What are your specific areas of creative interest in this brief? 
The most recent ideas we've had in terms of format would be to create some kind of publication and look into app design.    I want to make something using a process I haven't fully explored before to improve my personal skills and to make something different to what I usually do.  I want to focus on target audience and picking the right design for the intended audience as this is something I feel I need to improve.

What specific design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?
My skills include layout which we have initially thought would be a good choice in terms of product.


What specific non-design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?
I feel I explore and develop my research thoroughly before using my findings on a design concept.  I feel this is a good way to get informed about the target audience, distribution, similar designs etc.  I think even though my time management needs improving, my organisation skills, such as, making lists and considering all the different elements of the brief are fairly effective.  I feel working on a brief with a partner is something I can do because I am open to different designs and ideas and feel could compromise to get the best possible outcome.  Also as we are students we are surrounded by social media platforms to promote and distribute our work.

What will your specific roles be in the collaboration in relation to your brief? 
We will both work on the concept, I am more likely to work on the publication making and design, researching into publication design I feel will aide my contextual side of the brief.  I will also be creating the design and layout for the publication.  Sophia will focus mainly on the app design and how that can be used in conjunction with an event.

What will your individual responsibilities be in relation to your brief? 
We will firstly develop on an idea together and explore the possible routes we can take, trying to make our concept as strong as possible.  Once the idea has been developed we will split the research into specific sections, so things that I will focus on more within the brief are the topics I will research into.  Once the research is gathered we will split the design work evenly, with me focusing mainly on the publication aspect and Sophia focusing on the app design.  Both looking into promotion and distribution evenly.

What will your joint responsibilities be?
Meeting the deadlines, organising our time effectively and sticking to it.  Setting goals and getting them done, sharing ideas and generating concepts to get the best possible solution.  Keeping organised with print slots and budget.  Research.

No comments:

Post a Comment