Friday 15 February 2013

WHAT IS GOOD?//WORKSHOP SESSION TWO//OUGD505

WHAT IS GOOD?//CRIT
After yesterdays session where we were told to go away and choose an idea for what we think is good, mine being Paris.  We then had to do some initial research into why we thought it was good and gather some facts and statistics.  We then had to present our findings back to a group where we would then receive crit feedback on where to go further.  My feedback included:
  • Quite broad, need to find something about/within Paris that you can focus on as their are too many aspects of Paris to look at as a whole
  • french cuisine would be something quite interesting to look into, seen as quite high end, good quality food, expensive restaurants etc.
  • cafe culture could create some interesting visuals
  • possibly look at something within the french language, this could look quite good in terms of type
  • architecture?
I found this feedback helpful as I need to be more focused on a specific part of Paris, the feedback has given me choices for narrowing down my topic.  After the crit we then had to make several lists to further the project:


five things I need to find out more about:
  • French restaurants/cuisine 
  • cafe culture
  • the language
  • architecture/landmarks?
  • the metro
five skills you want to improve:
  • use of colour
  • photography
  • typography
  • analysis 
  • photoshop

five ways in which you could improve these skills for this particular brief:
  • consider carefully how colour could be incorporated into my designs effectively and appropriately 
  • try and incorporate photography into the work, book out the photography studio to photograph my work in a professional looking manner
  • I feel my type knowledge is lacking, especially within my own work, I want to consider carefully how type can be used successfully within this body of work
  • I feel my own personal reflection and analysis on my bog about my work could be improved and be done more regularly 
  • I have stayed away from photoshop because I don't know how to use it, however, I feel for this brief I should try and use it in some way to create some work
For next weeks session we have been told to bring five examples of branding that are similar or relate to your chosen theme, and explore them deeper to unpick why certain fonts, colour, imagery has been used.  Bring them in printed format next week wednesday.  Also bring in five examples of of print that ave processes or aesthetics that you want to incorporate in this brief, try to consider examples that relate to your chosen theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment