Saturday 21 January 2012

100 THINGS RESEARCH//OUGD405 DESIGN SHEETS

DESIGN SHEETS:
After looking at all the research i've done so far, I feel my focus has progressed from the very start.  At the beginning, I felt my focus was on food  packaging which moved on to packaging in different areas, record sleeves, which followed with posters, book covers etc.  After looking at these various designs and styles within branding, promotion, advertising and packaging I decided to look more broadly into the sixties as a decade, especially areas that formed this famous decade such as music, icons, movements, youth culture and fashion.
After discussing my design boards with people in the crit i've decided to look at modern day designs, such as album covers, book covers, gig posters and taking these modern day bands, novels and artists transform the designs into sixties style products, for example, taking an album cover from this decade and redesigning it in the style of 'Blue Note Records' (record label in the sixties)  I also like the idea of looking at modern day brands, that weren't around in the sixties, and rebranding them in a sixties style like the ones I looked at for Sainsbury's.
Another idea I had was to make a poster time line of events that happened through the sixties, using info graphics to show information.

No comments:

Post a Comment