Thursday 6 October 2011

ALPHABET SOUP//OUGD403AS1


For this task I had the word 'dissolve' so I looked at various ways of trying to portray a dissolved effect through type.  I found it quite hard to generate ten ideas that worked well, however as the task went on I discovered a more subtle way of trying to show the word 'dissolve'.  The most obvious way, for me, was to have the letter disintegrating from a top angle of the letter, as though dissolving in water and breaking upwards.  Another idea I had was to run the pen with water, however, it didn't meet the requirments of the brief (all in black) because the water turned the pen ink purple.  Other ideas included having the letter drawn over each other multiple times in a spiral to show a whirlpool effect, as if gradually getting further and further into the distance.  Another idea was not finishing the letter as though part of it had dissolved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment