Friday 14 October 2011

OUGD403//ALPHABET SOUP TYPEFACE:

 After looking at all my ideas I decided to go with something completely different after having a discussion in my crit.  We looked at the answers to the interview that Jenna had given and picked up on a discussion about the person she admired the most which was her grandma.  We discussed various stereotypes of grandmas coming up with the following:
-knitting
-armchairs
-hot water bottles
-false teeth
-walking stick
The most obvious one being knitting, so i decided to make a typeface based on Jenna's person she admired most as I figured this is quite an important part of Jenna's life. Based on the stereotype of knitting I went with a basic font, Garamond, and edited it to look as though the detail inside each letterform was thread and wool from knitting, then to make it more distinctive of knitting, I added knitting needles at the top of each letter.  I think the font works better on a larger scale and up close because of the detail within the letter.





No comments:

Post a Comment