Thursday 20 October 2011

OUGD403: PROVERBALLY YOURS//MESSAGE AND INTERPRETATION



'Laughter is the best medicine' 
Some ideas for just text style posters.  I think if I went with the poster with the medicine bottle and the proverb as the label the text poster on the left would suit that as a set better because the same font is being used, it will look more like a sequence, whereas with the text poster on the right, even though I like the red cross as a symbol I don't think it fits well with what i'm trying to convey.

Some clearer ides (image and text combined):  I think i prefer the one on the left, I think it works better as a poster
My proverb: 'Laughter is the best medicine'
-laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain and conflict
-laughter relaxes the whole body
-laughter boosts the immune system 
-laughter protects he heart
-laughter dissolves distressing emotions
-laughter helps you relax and restore
-Humor shifts perspective 
People feel less pain after a good laugh because it may cause the body to release chemicals that act as a natural pain killer, research has suggested.
I have put together some basic notes and thumb nail sketches for initial ideas for my three posters (one with just text, one with just image and one with a combination of both.  Ideas that stood out to me from the beginning were the following: -a bottle of medicine with the proverb written on the label, a bottle of painkillers spilt open with the tablets reading 'laughter is the best medicine' the proverb text curved into the shape of a smile etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment