Friday 23 November 2012

WHAT IS DESIGN FOR PRINT?//DESIGN DEVELOPMENT//OUGD504

DESIGN DEVELOPMENT FOR THE MAKING OF THE PRINT MANUAL:
For my book I decided to stick with a colour scheme throughout, mine being black white and orange.  I thought the best way to display the print processes were to draw out basic diagrams of the process and use vector images for basic design, I started drawing out basic symbols and images for the manual:

I took the basic diagram of the paper sizes and drew them out changing type and colour scheme to match my manual:

 After looking up some diagrams about the variations of folding, I drew my own in keeping with the colour scheme
 Mock up, quick drawing of the way I want my diagrams to look, this is the digital print process, to make the diagrams more visually appealing I want to add the third colour (orange) to the diagrams and lower the opacity
I have started mocking up title pages for each section of the book on illustrator, the main idea is to take a small element of what the chapter is about and make a basic illustration, chapter page for print processes with the different types of print processes, deciding on whether to incorporate colour into the title pages:
Placing CHAPTER THREE text 
I think the last one works best, it has just the right amount of colour and the text is placed better in the middle of the circle:
DEVELOPMENT OF TITLE PAGES:  For stock I used the drawing of paper and for formats the C series envelope vector
Drawings for title page of formats and sub headings with what sections the chapter has in it
I was unsure about what symbol/image to use for colour models, I tried using the obvious CMYK spot colours to see if that would work but it wasn't really in keeping with the colour scheme:
I decided to change it to the four letter outlines of CMYK rather than the four actual colours on the screen, this worked well because all the other images drawn for the title page are all thin line drawings and so it worked well as a consistent style throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment