Thursday 2 May 2013

WHAT IS GOOD?//PARIS//FURTHER DESIGN SHEETS//OUGD505

DESIGN SHEETS//WHAT IS GOOD? PARIS HOTEL BRANDING 
These are some design sheets for my direction within the branding for the hotel, looking at what products I can brand and potential logo designs:

Some potential ideas for names of the hotel, translated into French.  Most of them focus on the theme of Paris or travelling/a journey along with the emphasis on a 'true parisian feel and culture' rather than a tourist or commercial type of visit.

I also wanted to include a slogan or tag line for the hotel that could be placed on most products.  Products that would well branded for the hotel would be a menu and cocktail menu, a door sign, post cards, letter head and business card, and publication for the rooms informing them about things to do in Paris.
I wanted to create luggage stickers that could go on suit cases, I think this would be a nice feature and also would look well photographed in context (on a suit case)  I thought about including, for imagery, the outline of France as a country and placing the Hotels name and logo on the point where Paris is.
Logo ideas:  I want my logo to be quite simple and possibly black and white so it can be applied to a range of stocks more easily, this also leaves room to be able to foil the logo in various colours and still be kept consistent with the other products.  I looked at the idea of having the hotel name written like an old street sign in Paris, something that is simple and could work with the right text, however Im not sure whether the shape of this could be applied to a range of products.
I looked at trying to display it based on the signs outside metro stations, this is a simple bold type face with lines running through it, very simple and no imagery which would work well on menus and letter heads.

I also looked at travelling/journey themes that could be incorporated because I want the hotel to signify a journey through Paris and their culture.  I looked at using the shape of the France and a dotted line joining to Paris.  A suitcase and a paper airplane could both work as travelling themes, suitcase travelling and a paper airplane, flying and sending a message.
I also looked at using the word 'bonjour' which I thought could work well with simple typography and incorporating travelling dots around the hotel name to signify a journey or travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment