Friday 3 May 2013

WHAT IS GOOD?//PARIS//LOGO DEVELOPMENT//OUGD505

LOGO DEVELOPMENT:
As my hotel is aimed at young creative professionals I wanted my logo to have a certain style that would show this.  I listed all the themes and words that could be associated with the hotel, these included:
  • Paris
  • Travel
  • Exploring
  • Parisian experience 
  • Heart of Paris
This was my first attempt, trying to incorporate the shape of France into the logo design.  I thought about the logo being the country France and the 'i' from the word Paris pinpoints Paris and in particular where the hotel is, the heart of Paris, hence the name 'couer de paris.'  I thought the serif typeface could be appropriate in this case, however the combination of type and colour reminds me of a wine label and doesn't look like contemporary and stylish design:
This is a similar concept to the first design, taking the outline of France and pinpointing where Paris and the hotel is in particular.  I feel this logo looks slightly more contemporary and fits in better with the style and theme I would want the hotel to be, however, I don't think its quite right, and colour scheme and texture reminds me of a 'space age' style.
This design differs from the first two, I think in some ways the simplicity of it could work, however for a final logo design I feel like it should say a bit more about the hotel.  I think the typeface could work depending on imagery.  I think the word looks good as an image but essentially all it says when translated is 'hello' which I feel doesn't work as well when  translating into other languages, especially English.
These are logos designed on the street signs around Paris, I quite like the idea of having a hand drawn style illustration as part of the branding style, this could depend on stock etc.  I think something needs to be added to this design for it to work.
g a hand drawn style illustration as part of the branding style, this could depend on stock etc.  I think something needs to be added to this design for it to work.  I think this is preferred logo out of all the initial designs so far, I think it looks the most contemporary and could easily be applied to several products throughout the branding range.  The hotel name 'COUER DE PARIS' translating to the heart of Paris has been edited to look as though something has flown through it leaving traces of its journey.  The paper plane, which literally flies and can be associated with sending a message links as a good logo for the hotel as its all about exploring Paris.
Symbols that could be used within the branding or as part of the logo, all associated with traveling and going on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment