Wednesday 17 April 2013

RESPONSIVE//PHOTOGRAPHY LOGO//WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT//OUGD503

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT:
After creating the logo that could be put across a range of different formats I decided to mock up a website incorporating the logo to put it into context.

I started centrally aligning the logo at the top of the website, I thought this was important as it needs to stand out and be the first thing people to see when coming across the website, to allow the photographers branding to be instantly recognisable.  I then added a scaled down version of the logo to either side of the main logo using black instead of green.
I wanted a bold title for the header of the website and thought this typeface matched the style of the logo.  I decided to remove the smaller two logos from either side as it made the design look less consistent. 
I started by creating the gallery page, I used the photographers work to mock up the gallery webpage.  I edited some of the photos to black and white to keep the design consistent, I felt this made the whole design of the website look more consistent and professional.

When hovering over the navigation bar the button will turn green. This is the gallery page of the website, when clicking over an image it will take you to another page of the website and explain in more detail about the project and show more images that relate.  When hovering over the image the colour of the image will change to a lowered opacity green and the title of the specific project will appear.
This is the design for the homepage, the logo and navigation bar will stay in the same place throughout clicking on the pages of the website.  The homepage allows the viewer to see the images of the photographers as they rotate in a certain order to allow the audience to get a feel for the type of work produced.

This is the contact page, for this page I wanted to keep it fairly simple, as I have branded the client I thought it would be good to allow the logo to be shown various times. I didn't want to include any photos on this page as I felt it wasn't necessary and the whole site is full with photographs.  This is just a basic page where people can get hold of the photographers number and email address.  

No comments:

Post a Comment