Wednesday 17 April 2013

RESPONSIVE//PHOTOGRAPHY LOGO//DEVELOPMENT//OUGD503

PHOTOGRAPHY LOGO DESIGN:
I have been asked to design a logo for a photographer, something that can be used on business cards, letter heads and a website.  These are my developing ideas.  The photographers name is Jade Eve so I thought it would be fitting to design something of a green colour, Jade.

These were my initial ideas, just some quick play arounds with bold typefaces and seeing how interesting I could make the type face look as just a type based logo.

However I didn't think this said that much about the photographer, and were too plain.  I then started looking at ways that I could work with type in a simpler way.  I thought the logo to the left could work depending on the style of photography the photographer did, for example fashion.
I then started looking at shapes or symbols that could work as a logo instead of focusing heavily on type. 
I liked the idea of using shapes for the symbol, which when discussing with the client she agreed that this would be something she would prefer as her branding rather than heavy type based.  I think these shapes could progress into a potential logo, Ive also included the green colour which I think would work well, it says more about the photographer and makes the logo more exciting.
These were some more ideas I played around with, incorporating colour, these are all potential ideas but I feel none of them stand out as being something to use.  I need to think of the logo across a range of formats including business cards, a website and a letter head.
I quite like the shape designed with this, I don't think any of the typefaces work with it yet, I don't think a serif typeface suits the logo because it looks quite contemporary and a modern geometric shape which would suit a sans serif type face a lot more.




No comments:

Post a Comment