Tuesday 1 January 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB//POSTER DEVELOPMENT//OUGD504

JIMI HENDRIX POSTER
After starting on the Beatles poster design I had an idea for another silhouette poster that I could try and experiment with.  I wanted to create a Jimi Hendrix one because I like the style and colours that could be explored with Hendrix, in a psychedelic way.

I started by cutting out the silhouette of Hendrix's face on the background of a colourful pattern
I wanted the poster to be laid out in a similar way to the set that the Beatles were, with information about the song and history etc.  I've researched into the song and have the specific content I want to put on the poster.  I then started exploring the words of the songs:
I think the 'fisheye' and fish warp work well for the style of Hendrix's songs, I then began placing the text in the best way possible in terms of layout:
 I've tried using black type to see whether this would work better, I think it makes it slightly more legible but I think overall the poster works much better when the typeface is similar to the pattern of Hendrix's silhouette.
Repositioning of text:
This is the final layout of the poster, I think the one on the left works best, the writing at the bottom includes an interview of Hendrix talking about the making of the song on the poster.
FINAL DESIGN:

No comments:

Post a Comment