Tuesday 15 January 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB//PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT//OUGD504

FURTHER DEVELOPMENT AFTER PROGRESS CRIT:
After taking the crit feedback on boards I decided to look into a range of products that I could create for my London Sixties Week rebrand.  
POSTERS:
After moving away from the lyrics as the main focus I started to consider how I could use the silhouette Beatle posters without major emphasis on the lyrics and more so on the re brand.  Because I quite liked the silhouettes I wanted to incorporate them somehow and thought that, The Beatles, being arguably the biggest band out of the sixties, could still be used.

I decided to still incorporate the lyrics but not have the poster rely heavily on it, as the main focus, as it would of been before, I still wanted to keep information about the song/interviews with the artists at the bottom of the poster.
After finishing the posters the only way it would be put in context with the whole rebranding London Sixties Week would be to add the logo to the posters.  I think this way they can still be part of the rebranding products and work well as independent merchandise.  As a set I think they work together, the album art and silhouettes are recognisable enough to accompany the lyrics.
I also place the logo on the Jimi Hendrix poster for rebranding:
POSTCARDS:
I then looked into postcards that I could make that could be distributed around London, in coffee shops on Carnaby St. music shops on Denmark St. entrance of the underground etc.  I decided to use black and white photographs of famous sixties icons and have my logo placed centrally to raise awareness.
STICKERS, PACKAGING WRAP AND LABEL DESIGN:
I thought stickers would be an easy way of getting the logo out their. Its something that can be distributed easily and can be worn as a way of spreading the logo and brand/event.  For the packaging wrap I was thinking of printing my logo repeatedly on to tissue or tracing paper and wrapping tee shirts, with the logo also placed on, up and sealing with a sticker, to give it more of a professional touch.  I've also made labels for the products and was thinking of getting part of the label laser cut.
BUSINESS CARDS:
I was also thinking of making some little business cards that could be handed out in various places around London, I think adding different lyrics to each card would be a good way of incorporating the lyrics.

TEE SHIRTS AND BAGS:
Another good way of raising brand awareness, I thought bags and tee shirts would be good merchandise.  These are some mock ups I made, deciding on where I could place the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment