Wednesday 16 January 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB//WEBSITE MOCK UPS//OUGD504

WEBSITE MOCK UPS:
For my redesigned London Sixties week website I wanted to give it something that would match the products I intend to make, I think having the logo on display is important as my brief has now become about rebranding.  My idea is to create a website that is mostly focused on photograph imagery.  I want my entire space to be filled with a photograph and ten overlay the buttons and writing on top.  The images I want to use for this are:
I think these images will work well as the main focus of the website, they are recognisable icons of the sixties and the images are interesting in themselves so I think this will work well as a backdrop for the main focus of the website.  I want to incorporate the logo into each page of the website, as this is good branding, I will need to place it somewhere that the audience will notice:

I first tried placing the logo in the left hand corner but I felt like it didn't really make much impact and wasn't very legible:
I decided to fade the opacity on the image as when over laying with text it would be too distracting and barley legible, I also added a faded opacity strip of sot colour from the logo to the bottom of the page where I thought I could place the logo:
I also added distorted text of the title of the page, 'whats on' to the bottom of the logo.  I think over laying the website information over this faded image could work quite well, something that I've seen loads before on websites, I think it works well for the event.
I've added buttons to the page, I think the one that its currently clicked on should appear black in matching the London Sixties Week sub heading underneath, so it reads 'what's on London Sixties week
These are some events that I found from last years sixties week, as the new events aren't booked and up on the site for this year.
I think so far this has worked quite well because the images being used work well for the sixties website, I think having the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan are arguably the biggest stars to come out of the sixties and so are fitting for the website.
This is the final mock up for the 'what's on' page:
HOMEPAGE:
For the homepage I decided it would be good to have the Beatles, I think it'll work best for the homepage as you immediately associate The Beatles with the sixties.
ABOUT PAGE:
I think this picture was the most successful in terms of layout, it allwos room for the text to be completely separate from the image.  

SIGN UP PAGE:
I think this is the weakest in terms of visual appeal, I might try and find another image for the page because I think the image is good but I think I could find a better one, similar to the bob dylan one so the text is placed more appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment