Wednesday 23 January 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB//PROCESSES//OUGD504

PROCESSES:
SCREEN PRINT
These are some of the processes I tried throughout the module, this was a good module for me to experiment with as I hadn't used any of these facilities before for my own work.  Screen printing went well on my canvas bag, the logo came out clear and dark, however, on my tee shirt the ink became a little faded.  At the time I wasn't sure why because I'd only used the screen once before so it shouldn't of needed to be cleaned but because of that the image is slightly faded.
EMBOSSING:
I decided to try embossing out for the front cover of my print manual, although I wont use the final front cover that I embossed on I still think it was good to test out the possibilities.  The embossing worked well, however the paper then became permanently dented and wasn't smooth enough to work as a front cover.  To emboss I firstly let the card soak, once it had had long enough I rolled it out to smooth it.
Then using the laser cut letters of the word 'print manual' I lined them up straight with a ruler back to front on the card, then using a clamp I pressed down so that the the letters imprinted onto the card:

The first time it came out like this, realising I'd have to clamp down on the paper harder:
After clamping down harder it came out like this:
However it was too 3d for my final front cover, I think next time I need to use paper/card more suitable for the process as this didn't take to it too well:
LASER CUTTING:
I felt like this went quite well, it was my first time on the laser cutter and i had designed basic key rings using my logo as the design, I thought this would be a good item to have in terms of rebranding, I first did a test design to see what it would look like before adding on the extra semi circle as a cut out to attach your keys to:


No comments:

Post a Comment