Thursday 10 January 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB//REBRAND/LOGO DESIGN//OUGD504

RE BRAND IDEAS:
This is a design sheet for potential logo ideas and promotional postcards
These are the designs I came up with on illustrator for my logo, the rebranding of London Sixties Week:
I started looking at words that link with the theme of London Sixties Week, such as groovy, peace, 'make love not war' etc.  I think the one that worked best was GROOVY because I definitely think it links with the event and because the word looked best when effected by the warp.  I started exploring colour design and looking at how I could make it colourful and in keeping with the sixties.  I experimented but I think it ended up looking more like camouflage patterns and colours rather than psychedelic colours of the sixties so decided to go with a simple block colour.  I explored different fonts and layout of the logo

These were the final ones I narrowed it down to, I think it was important to have the date in the logo as I'm rebranding it for the this year.  I decided having one or two simple colours would work well when placed on posters and other merchandise because its simple and will go with the design of the other products I intend to make:
SURVEY:
After doing a small survey around the class, a decision was made on what my final logo would be:
I think this is the best option, I think it gives you the information you need without being overwhelming, it will look neat on products as its all enclosed in a circle shape and I think the different colour text for the event name draws your attention to what it is straight away.

ADDITIONAL DESIGN SHEET:
This is a design sheet I made to look at the potential different products I could create for when re-branding sixties week:

No comments:

Post a Comment