Thursday 24 January 2013

RESPONSIVE//UK GREETINGS//CARD DEVELOPMENT//OUGD503

DEVELOPMENT:

Logo:
As part of the brief we had to come up with a logo for our range of cards, after looking at some designs I've learnt that the simple ones work the best.  I thought a black and white logo could then be applied to a range of cards no matter what design or stock the card was.  In terms of design its quite simple but I feel this can then be applied to a range without disturbing the design of the card.  The basic card drawing dividing the word 'greetings' into two also allows it to be read as greet.  I think the serif font is appropriate for a card range as its seen as more classical.
VALENTINES RANGE:
After making the first set of Beatles Birthday cards I decided to keep it consistent with the musical influence and the Beatles by making a valentines range with the Beatles lyrics on the cards.  After looking around card shops such as Paperchase, a lot of cards focused on type and I think if you print on good quality stock, which is what most of the ones of higher end quality do it'll change the feel and quality of the card.

I decided to focus mainly on type for this range, with a hand drawn style heart illustration:
FINALS:

No comments:

Post a Comment