Friday 11 January 2013

RESPONSIVE//TO DRY FOR BRIEF//DESIGN SHEETS//OUGD503

DESIGN SHEETS
These are some design sheets I've done to generate some ideas for what I could design, based on the research I've done.  I first generated a few ideas by making a brain storm about the possible things I could design:
The list of ideas included: kitchen appliances such as cups of tea, mugs, kettles, cutlery.  Retro technology such as televisions, record players, boom box, cameras, radios etc.  Animals, pugs, cats etc. Quotes about tea or the home etc.
I decided I wanted to go down the 'retro' technology appliances route, I'd done some research on what trends are about within design and illustration and found that this was something that kept reappearing, for example, retro camera and cassette iPhone cases etc. 

When developing on Illustrator I'll decide whether type should be included in the designs, or whether I could do a repeated pattern including several vector images or just the same one repeated.  Colour is another thing to consider, especially with screen printing in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment