Tuesday 18 December 2012

DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB//DESIGN DEVELOPMENT POSTERS//OUGD504

DESIGN DEVELOPMENT FOR LYRICAL POSTERS:

My idea for this brief was to create a set of four posters for independent merchandise for LONDON SIXTIES WEEK.  I wanted to create a set of four Beatles posters, each one having a silhouette of their iconic faces made out of four different album art covers of theirs.  Each song on each poster will of either been written or sung by the individual on the poster.  I started cutting out the heads on photoshop of the album artwork which I think would work best:

This is Johns head from the Magical Mystery Tour album, the song I'm going to choose for Lennon is 'Across the Universe'
This is Paul's head, from SGT. PEPPERS, I think this works better than Johns head because of the album art work for SGT. PEPPERS, designed and created by Peter Blake.  I've also given it a grainy effect on photoshop as I think this is fitting with the design.  The song I'm choosing for McCartney is 'A Day in The Life.'
 This is George's head cut from the album cover Abbey Road, I think this one works the best, because of the artwork and Harrison's features.  The song I've chosen to do for George is 'Something' my idea for displaying lyrics for this would be something simplistic as the song is quite low key and and mysterious.
I couldn't decide which head for Ringo would be best, I cut both out to see which one looked visually more appealing.  In the end I couldn't find a song from either of the albums that worked well enough that Ringo had sung.
In the end I decided to go with Revolver, the song Ringo sung off that album was a popular, well known one, Yellow Submarine.  At first I was apprehensive about using the Revolver album because of the design against white stock, however I'm happy with the way its turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment