Saturday 15 December 2012

RESPONSIVE//FEEL GOOD//DEVELOPMENT//OUGD503

DESIGN DEVELOPMENT//PACKAGE DESIGN:
I tried arranging the fruit vectors in different ways to see what would work best.  I think for a label the second one works best as its more obvious with the flavour and eye catching, with the layout being more consistent.
I tried to incorporate the 'sparkling' element into the label with subtle circles representing bubbles, however I don't think it fit in smoothly with the overall designs, it looked a different style of vector imagery.  I think the word 'sparkling' works better just displayed through type rather than trying to visualise it.
Incorporating colour into 'sparkling' designs:
LAYOUT OF FRUIT:
I tried different layouts for the apple and blueberry label, I think the first one works the best and also consistent with the cloudy lemon label.  I think having the green leaf in the blueberry works better as opposed to the forth design as the more colour incorporated the better, especially as the brief requires it to appeal to an 'up-beat, look-on-the-brightside, sociable bunch, who like to work hard but always find time for some feel good fun and games,' having vibrant colours can effectively display this in a subtle way.

Sparkling cranberry and lime, tried arranging different layouts, at first I wanted to stick with the same consistent order of the fruit throughout, however, I think because all the fruits look like a set anyway it doesn't matter as much.  I don't think it works as well when the text is layered over the image, this way does't seem as legible.
My preference for this flavour is the third one, I think the fruits fit well around the text, more so than the forth one.
Orange and mango:   I think the first label works best for this flavour, the third one could also work but because I chose a different order for the cranberry and lime I felt like the orange and mango could also use this order.

No comments:

Post a Comment