Thursday 20 December 2012

DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB//POSTER DEVELOPMENT//OUGD504

SIXTIES POSTER DEVELOPMENT:
I've started looking at ways in which I can explore the type within each song.  I've started looking at Harrison's 'Something' song first, which I want to display quite simply.
Deciding on a type face for the heading of the poster, using the album name Abbey Road as a heading, I think works quite well, the font on the left is called Abbey Road, I think both could work.  I think the first type face looks better.
I want the type to be quite simple throughout the poster and have certain words that stand out, such as 'moves' and 'woos'
I started looking at warping text and whether this would work for the poster, I quite like the effect but I don't think its right for the style of poster, I'm thinking of using this text warp effect for a Jimi Hendrix style poster
I like this font, Cochin, for the main text with small editions of certain words changed, for the word 'leave' I've faded the text by lowering the opacity.
I've researched the story and history behind each song.  I want to put a small paragraph of information about the song and the full song at the bottom of the poster along with the London Sixties week logo, that I could possibly redesign.
This is the general layout of the poster:

No comments:

Post a Comment