Monday 10 December 2012

DESIGNING FOR WEB//WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT//OUGD504

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT:

I set the type to the same font as the title headers, I originally had size twelve but I felt like it was too big for the style of the website:
<style type="text/css">
body,td,th {
font-size: 10px;
font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

I justified the text to make it look neater, matching with the design of the website:

<p align="justify">Tea is among the world’s oldest and most revered beverages. It is today’s most popular beverage in the world, next to water. Tea drinking has long been an important aspect of Chinese culture. A Chinese saying identifies the seven basic daily necessities as fuel, rice, oil, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, and tea. According to Chinese legend, tea was invented accidentally by the Chinese Emperor Shen Nong in 2737 B.C. Emperor Shen Nong was a scholar and herbalist, as well as a creative scientist and patron of the arts. Among other things, the emperor believed that drinking boiled water contributed to good health. By his decree, his subjects and servants had to boil their water before drinking it as a hygiene precaution. </p>

For this page I also wanted to add some rollover images to give some more information, these are some more images I used for the 'history' page.
Go to insert, image object and rollover image
When creating a rollover image always save it as the same name as the original image with 'rollover image' it makes it a lot easier to find and place when getting it from the image folder in the root folder.
 Selecting the image to place into dreamweaver.  When Im more experienced with dreamweaver I would quite like to try something with the images that isn't rollover, I think they work well, especially for this purpose, it being an informative website about tea, however when Im more advanced on the programme.
IMAGE FOLDER:
Final of the history page,  I think the clean simpleness of it works well for the subject, when improving it I would like to do something a bit more engaging, I don't know if the background colour is too plain, I feel like any other colour would of been too distracting as the main focus should be the photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment