Tuesday 18 December 2012

RESPONSIVE//HELLFIRE//DESIGN SHEETS//OUGD503

HELLFIRE DESIGN SHEETS:
I came up with a few initial design ideas for the Hellfire logo, I wanted to give the design some context so came up with three initial ideas.  The first one linking to hellfire corner, the second linking to the hellfire missile and the third linking to an explosion.  I wanted the design to work visually, but thought it was important to give it some context.  I explored these ideas further.
 With the Hellfire logo I wanted to make it bold and quite eye catching, a big bold typeface would work best with the title of the beer.  My initial ideas for the logos colour are either dark reds or oranges.  I wanted to add something interesting within the logo and thought about putting dashes under the E's to give it an individual aspect.
 In terms of symbolism I have considered a campfire which could be placed on bottle tops or on the neck labels.  If I decide to to go with the explosion idea I'm thinking of getting a black and white photograph of an old wartime explosion and having that as the main section of the label with the logo layered above it.
The idea I like most at the moment is Hellfire corner, I like the imagery used for the photos of Hellfire corner, I think it could give the overall logo a nice aesthetic.  Possible slogan for Hellfire corner: 'When youre in a hurry for one hell of a pale ale.
Another idea was to have it linked to the Hellfire American missile.  This would be a repeated pattern on a cream label of a detailed illustration of a missile, a fine line drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment