Wednesday 12 December 2012

RESPONSIVE//FEEL GOOD//DESIGN SHEETS//OUGD503

DESIGN SHEETS//STARTING POINT FOR FEEL GOOD DRINKS CO.
These are some initial design sheets and ideas for the packaging design for Feel Good Drinks.
The main focus for my packaging design was to focus on the fruit aspect, I think this is important as the company have highlighted how much real fruit is in the drink and how healthy it is and so this should be something that is noticeable at first glance.  On initial designs I thought about placing the brand name and flavour of drink inside the specific flavour of drink, this is a simple idea but if done right could work quite well.
I also thought about using fruit in the logo, for example having two oranges or lemons as the o's in good.  Another possibility was to have the brand name 'feel good' designed to fit into the shape of a fruit, I quite liked this idea but thought the logo would not be consistent throughout if it had to change to fit the shape of the different fruits.
For bottle cap designs I thought about having the illustration/vector shape of the fruit on the cap.  I also thought about 'feel good' song lyrics or quote/facts that could go on.  Another idea was to include the two flavours as a main focus.  For example apple and black current would be the top half of the image with the brand 'feel good' cut across the middle and then the lower section would be the black currents.  Considering the sparkling range I would add subtle bubbles to indicate the fizz.
 I've thought about being quite literal with the design and having a simple drawing of the fruit flavour on a nice cream/white stock, I think this would work depending on the style of illustration I opt for.
 To push the brief further beyond the packaging design I have thought about extra things that could be included.  After doing research on similar companies and competitors, I looked into the innocent 'knitting' campaign, where they gave away little novelty knitted hats for a charity.  I thought about making some key rings with 'feel good' quotes on them.  Or possibly a leaflet that goes around the neck of the bottle with some interesting facts or 'feel good' quotes.
 I thought about playing on the five senses, touch, smell, taste, see, hear, and thinking how I  could include this somehow.  As a concept I could create a tag that goes on the bottle neck which would be fragranced with the smell of the specific fruit, like a perfume fragrance.  Or playing on the 'feel good' element and having some nice feeling stock as a sample on the bottle neck tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment